Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Look Who's Joined Our Staff at Four Seasons

We ask our new employees “What compelled you to join Four Seasons?” Read and enjoy their responses.

David Ackerman, Help Desk/ IT Support
“I enjoy working for a good cause and helping people. After meeting the employees here and learning more about what we do and what we stand for, I just had to be a part.” David enjoys outdoor activities and says he loves hiking, fishing and disc golf.

Wendy Billingsley, Hospital Liaison
“I joined Four Seasons because I enjoy helping people navigate through difficult life circumstances. I believe that if people have the opportunity to understand the end-of-life process and have support throughout the way, they will transition through with better emotional outcomes.” Outside of work Wendy enjoys running, hiking, camping, reading, and fiddling with the computer.

Trevor Dale, Operations Analyst
"I joined Four Seasons because the organization has a good history and great future.” Trevor enjoys movies, walking, and any water activity.

Lori Green, Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
Lori was drawn to work at Four Seasons by the “opportunity to work as a Family Nurse Practitioner providing Palliative Care.” Outside of work Lori enjoys knitting, going to the movies and spending time with family and friends.

Derek Groves, Director of Development
“My personal experience with hospice and work as a volunteer for a hospice organization.” Derek enjoys eating at Asheville’s many vegan restaurants, spending time at home and working out. Derek also enjoys making new friends in NC, reading and hanging out at Starbucks!

Clara Harshbarger, CNA
“I was part of the nursing home team for Four Seasons back in 2003. I joined because of how I saw them care for both of my grandparents. I thought, ‘I want to be a part of that!’ I left to pursue massage therapy and am finally working my way back in.” Clara enjoys reading, hiking at Carl Sandburg, working with plants and doing activities with her children.

Todd McDaniel, LPN
“Positive employees and community encouragement. My desire to assist in enhancing someone’s end-of-life experience (individual and family). I’ve appreciated hospice first hand and wanted to be a part of this family. I am excited and grateful to be part of such an awesome team! I hope to meet as many of you as possible and continue these wonderful efforts for our community.” Todd enjoys working with his horses, target shooting, fishing, hunting, antiquing with his wife and the other outdoor stuff.

Holly Pilewski, Palliative Care Physician Assistant
“Two things - I wasn’t satisfied with my work in the ER and I felt like a lot of people with chronic conditions weren’t receiving the best care by their primary care providers and in turn, frequently visited the ER. Secondly, my grandma had a short stay with hospice and through that experience I found I wanted to work in palliative care. Not to mention, I also wanted to move to this area.” Holly enjoys watching/ playing sports. Her favorites to watch are college basketball and football and her favorites to play are softball and tennis. She also likes running, hiking, laying in the sun on the beach, and spending quality time with her friends.

Lance Plyler, Staff Physician
“Desire to serve people medically who are dealing with end-of-life issues.” Dr. Plyler enjoys church-related activities, missions, fitness, sports and hiking.

Rene Richardson, RN Case Manager
“I missed doing hospice care and I agree with the company’s mission and values. Everyone seems to love what they do and put their hearts into it.” Outside of work, Rene enjoys playing with her kids, being a hockey mom, reading and traveling.

Rick Scronce, Director of Information Technology
“I’ve worked in healthcare for over 18 years and I enjoy being able to help others in any capacity.” Outside of work, Rick enjoys working in the lawn and gardening. Rick also enjoys sports and is a fan of the Braves, Redskins, and NC Tarheel basketball.

For more information about Four Seasons and our services please visit our website at:  fourseasonscfl.org