Saturday, June 12, 2010

Will Grief counseling help?

Have you or someone you know experienced the loss of a loved one? Perhaps you have wondered if it would help to talk with someone about your grief and loss. Here’s a checklist to see if grief counseling might help. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you or someone you know might benefit from grief counseling.

___ Yes ___ No Someone I cared about died suddenly or unexpectedly.


___ Yes ___ No I have experienced multiple losses.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, my thoughts and emotions interfere with my work or other important areas of my life.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss I have experienced a significant financial hardship.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss I have a tremendous sense of guilt.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, my appetite and/or weight have changed.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, my sleep patterns have changed.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss I have had problems with, or I am concerned about my physical health.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, I am unusually irritable or angry.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, I feel very much detached from others and/or my surroundings.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, I am using alcohol, substances or prescription drugs to try to cope.

___ Yes ___ No Since my loss, I have developed a pessimistic attitude about the future.

___Yes ___ No Since my loss, an upsetting image (or images) keep coming to mind.

___Yes ___ No I need more support to deal with my loss than is available to me from my family or friends.

___ Yes ___ No I believe it would be helpful to talk with someone about the loss I have experienced that I am trying to deal with on my own.
Four Seasons’ Bereavement Department offers individual counseling, support groups and educational
information for those who are experiencing grief and loss related to the death of a loved one or someone close to them. Please contact our Bereavement Department at 233-0307 for more information. We are here to help.

For more information about Four Seasons and our services please visit our website at: fourseasonscfl.org