Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bark of the Blog: Making a 'Paws-itive' Difference as a Four Seasons Volunteer

What a day! I got to meet 38 new volunteers who just completed Four Seasons Volunteer Orientation. Boy, did I get lots of love and treats! Woof! These volunteers, like me, make an amazing difference for our patients and families. We get to do all sorts of fun stuff in helping our clinical staff have more time to spend with our patients and families. We get to go to Elizabeth House and help with pass out the lunch and dinner trays (my favorite part!) and put away laundry into the special closets right next to our patients’ rooms. We also get to visit people in their homes - whether it’s a nursing home, an assisted living facility (ALF) or a regular house.

When you volunteer at Four Seasons, there are many different areas where you can make a difference-it’s almost endless! You can work with patients and families, help with administrative duties in the office, plan special events, and soooo much more that I am just not able to write it all down! If you want to help, too, call us at 692-6178 and the nice people in the volunteer department will answer all your questions. That Donna is really nice - she keeps treats in her office for me, and boy, do I make sure to see her every time I come to the office! Volunteering at Four Seasons is very rewarding and I recommend that all my two- and four- legged friends (we do pet therapy) call in and find out how they can experience this fulfilling volunteer work. And guess what? You even get treats!

Always remember to run and play daily,

Wolfy